Skip to main content

Redeemed and Renewed

Good evening folks, sorry for writing this blog late. I was spending time with family and was a little busy with school work yesterday. This week is Midterm week for me so it will be quite busy for me, but I'm rolling with the punches. I hope everyone has had a great week so far. For this post I would like to share with you my thoughts on being renewed by the Lord and starting a new life. As I mentioned in one of my previous blogs, this road to heaven is not an easy travel. However, God does give us the tools we need through his words in the bible. It is a blueprint or roadmap created for us to follow. What inspired me to write about my poem for this blog was that I am no longer who I use to be. For the most part, that is true for anyone that walks in this journey. It may take a while, but it is a process in which we change a step at a time. As believers in Christ, we have the will to decide whether we will change our lives and continue to grow, or if we will remain the same and struggle with our former self. But once you accept Christ in your life, he will work out every single thing that once dictated your life, everything that weighed you down and kept you prisoner to your own vices. Piece by piece he will remove the worldly parts that once dwelled in you, and replace them with righteous and holy qualities essential to create a new creature; a faithful and strong servant. If you are struggling in your walk with Christ and feel that you will never change you must hold on to faith in the Lord and continue to read the word. Pray without ceasing, as my Pastor often reminds me and my home church. And don't listen to the enemy's lies. You are capable of becoming a stronger servant for Jesus Christ. I once use to believe that I could never become any stronger in this walk. I felt as if that I belonged in this sinful world. But as I continued to read more of the Lord and attend church frequently, I found myself wanted to know more of the Lord. What I know now is that, I no longer want to be who I use to be or where I once was, but I want to keep moving forward and glorify my Lord and Savior. Don't give up. Sooner or later, in the Lord's time you will see how much you grew and realize that you too are no longer who you use to be. And the best part is that it's all for the better.


A Second Chance



Years ago, I was in a dark place with no hope in sight
left for dead and in the brink of losing it all.
I had once heard of a man that could help me turn my
life around if I just answered his call.
But at the time I was too caught up in the world and
simply did not care.
So there I was ruining my life and still with all of my
heavy burdens to bear.  
The cold dark shadow started to engulf my mind and
nearly had my soul subdued.
Until a man reached out to me with all power and
offered me spiritual food.
This spiritual food he showed me contained: love,
patience, salvation, and a new life.
He promised me that I will no longer live in darkness, fear,
turmoil, nor strife.
He would guarantee me all of this if I would give myself
to him and accept him as my Lord and Savior in my heart.
As promised, since the day I accepted him, piece by piece he’s
removed the evilness that weighed me down and gave me
a new start.
Today, I can now rejoice and cheer with happiness that I
was given a second chance because I was bought with a price.
By that wonderful man whom I will never forget and continue
to worship, my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.



Inspirational Bible Quotes 


Colossians 1:9-10 ESV 

And so, from the day we heard, we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God.


1 Peter 2:1-25 ESV 


So put away all malice and all deceit and hypocrisy and envy and all slander. Like newborn infants, long for the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up into salvation— if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is good. As you come to him, a living stone rejected by men but in the sight of God chosen and precious, you yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.


2 Peter 3:18


But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Heavy Hand That Frees

How marvelous and instructive is your Hand, Lord. It’s the same gentle Hand that puts my heart at ease and its the same mighty Hand that rebukes me. O’ where would I be without your Heavy Hand, Father. A lost and miserable man would I be; wandering through  the desert with no hope in sight seeking for water and not finding it.  O’ how strong is your conviction when your Heavy Hand is upon me; such a heavy, intense weight is placed on my soul.  How my flesh wants to ignore, defy, and flee it, but Your  Holy Spirit whispers to me that I be still and come back to You. Yes, Your Heavy Hand shows me the wicked error of my ways.  Your Heavy Hand reveals how my sins try to disconnect me from You. But your Heavy Hand won’t let me go because I am your's, Lord.  Just as a father disciplines the son in whom he delights, so it is  when Your Hand is over me. Thank you, Abba! You rebuke those that you love; ones that You call Your children. Father, Your Hand helps me to repent of my sins and gui

Worship

Glory be to the Father who deserves all honor and praise. It is He whom I adore and worship, and it is His name that is above all which I will raise.  The One who is faithful and true; He will never leave me. His mercy has kept me throughout my life, it's powerful and endless like a mighty sea.  Who is like our God? He is good and just. A man of unclean lips I am; I revere You, Lord, for I am merely dust.  I bow to the One who is truly worthy. The Creator of the universe and all that is earthly.  Holy is Your name Lord; You are beyond my limited comprehension. It is you that my heart is fixed to, oh Lord, how you've straightened my direction.  The King who was slain for my sins; I am yours til my dying breath. For nothing can separate me from His love, no man or angel nor height or depth. Come and let us worship the One who deserves our all. The time is near when every knee will bow and every tongue will confess Jesus Christ is Lord for He alone is Lord of all.  Inspirational B

Finding your Purpose

Good evening everyone. I pray that everyone has had a good and productive week. Today, marks a special day. A new member and I were announced as new deacons at our church. I had explained to my pastor a couple weeks ago that I was ready to be a deacon. It's funny because for quite some time, the Lord has put it in my heart and mind to become a deacon. However, I did not feel ready for such a responsibility. What I now realize is that I did not have a closer walk with God, nor did I have enough faith in the Lord that he would guide me through the process of being a deacon. I was mostly scared and nervous of what my tasks and responsibilities would be, and if I would truly be up for it. The one thing that I can be grateful for is that the Lord will accomplish things in his time. We simply have to be faithful and patient and know he is going to bless us in the right time. I never knew though, that I would ever take such a step as this. The thought of being a deacon simply never really