Skip to main content

The Next Step

Hello, everyone. Man, it's been a while since I've been on. I hope you all have been safe and blessed. A lot has changed since I last posted on this blog. Praise God for guiding me through these changes. I am finally a father - since 2016. My little guy's name is, Mateo, he's 3 years old. My wife, Ebony, and I celebrated 10 years of marriage this year. We were also blessed to go back to Taiwan with our son last year (2018.) And in the same year, I found an awesome job where I currently serve as a Quality Assurance rep.

However, this year I lost someone very special to me. That was my Titi (aunt), Evelyn. She was a true warrior for Christ. She was so wise and encouraging. She brought so much inspiration in my journey and she did the same for many, many others. I will never forget the things she shared with me. I know she is in glory now with Jesus. I love and miss you, Titi. Til we meet again in Heaven. I pray that God provides comfort to my cousins, mother, and entire family that have been affected by my aunt's passing.

You know, I can still say that God has been good - through the good and not so good. An interesting thing is, the poem you'll see below is something I meant to share a few years ago. First, I had some issues logging back onto this account. I also thought I had published this poem but it turns out I kept it as a draft. I can't help but feel its so fitting after all the things that have happened. Friends, I want you to know today that no matter what circumstances you're in, good or bad, God is still God and He will never fail. Know that Jesus loves you and wants to be your peace, strength, hope, but most of all, king over your heart. Will you let Him in today?

I truly hope that this poem inspires you, whether in the midst of your peace or sorrow. May God keep you safe and shower an abundance of blessings over you. I love you all, see you again until next time Lord willing.



Here I am again. That old familiar place. I’ve reached the end and I am worn.
What is the next step?
I ponder in deep perpetual thought because I know the path I’m on now will
no longer yield results. It has served it’s purpose and now it’s time to
move to the next step.
The conundrum I face, however, is the fear of the unknown. This is nothing new.
It is an old adversary I face on a continual basis. But only this time it is different.
There is a stirring in me. A yearning for a meaningful change, and the only thing in
my way is fear.
I ask though, what is fear?
This fear has been cruel; it has kept me from unrealized dreams!
This fear has been crippling; left petrified and unable to take that one step toward my calling!
This fear has been disparaging; feeling as though I would not amount to anything
big in this life!
Where do I go now with this fear in the way. It’s hard to hear that still small voice
because I let this fear speak louder.
As I look intently into the abysmal eyes of fear, it is then that I recognize for what it is.
Fear is a lie that was told long ago and its purpose is to sabotage my future plans.
It is one of the biggest weapons, alongside temptation, designed by that treacherous enemy to cause us to fall.
Fear is the manifestation of all my doubts, disbelief, and confusion whose
sole-purpose is to stop what God has put forth.
So what God has put forth, let it not be trampled by fear, but trample over it. God’s will be done.
Though my fear is loud, my God is louder!
Though my fear tells lies, my God brings the truth!
Though my fear appears strong, my God is stronger!
And yes, though my fear seems great, my God is greater!
I will utilize the faith and courage God has entrusted me with in order to battle my foe.
No longer shall fear hold me back from fulfilling what God has called me for.
So I say onward to the next step!



Inspirational Bible Quotes: 


Romans 8:38-39 (NLT) 

And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below--indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord. 


2 Timothy 1:7 (NLT)

For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.



Lamentations 3:22-23 (NLT)

The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Heavy Hand That Frees

How marvelous and instructive is your Hand, Lord. It’s the same gentle Hand that puts my heart at ease and its the same mighty Hand that rebukes me. O’ where would I be without your Heavy Hand, Father. A lost and miserable man would I be; wandering through  the desert with no hope in sight seeking for water and not finding it.  O’ how strong is your conviction when your Heavy Hand is upon me; such a heavy, intense weight is placed on my soul.  How my flesh wants to ignore, defy, and flee it, but Your  Holy Spirit whispers to me that I be still and come back to You. Yes, Your Heavy Hand shows me the wicked error of my ways.  Your Heavy Hand reveals how my sins try to disconnect me from You. But your Heavy Hand won’t let me go because I am your's, Lord.  Just as a father disciplines the son in whom he delights, so it is  when Your Hand is over me. Thank you, Abba! You rebuke those that you love; ones that You call Your children. Father, Your Hand helps me to repent of my sins and gui

Worship

Glory be to the Father who deserves all honor and praise. It is He whom I adore and worship, and it is His name that is above all which I will raise.  The One who is faithful and true; He will never leave me. His mercy has kept me throughout my life, it's powerful and endless like a mighty sea.  Who is like our God? He is good and just. A man of unclean lips I am; I revere You, Lord, for I am merely dust.  I bow to the One who is truly worthy. The Creator of the universe and all that is earthly.  Holy is Your name Lord; You are beyond my limited comprehension. It is you that my heart is fixed to, oh Lord, how you've straightened my direction.  The King who was slain for my sins; I am yours til my dying breath. For nothing can separate me from His love, no man or angel nor height or depth. Come and let us worship the One who deserves our all. The time is near when every knee will bow and every tongue will confess Jesus Christ is Lord for He alone is Lord of all.  Inspirational B

Finding your Purpose

Good evening everyone. I pray that everyone has had a good and productive week. Today, marks a special day. A new member and I were announced as new deacons at our church. I had explained to my pastor a couple weeks ago that I was ready to be a deacon. It's funny because for quite some time, the Lord has put it in my heart and mind to become a deacon. However, I did not feel ready for such a responsibility. What I now realize is that I did not have a closer walk with God, nor did I have enough faith in the Lord that he would guide me through the process of being a deacon. I was mostly scared and nervous of what my tasks and responsibilities would be, and if I would truly be up for it. The one thing that I can be grateful for is that the Lord will accomplish things in his time. We simply have to be faithful and patient and know he is going to bless us in the right time. I never knew though, that I would ever take such a step as this. The thought of being a deacon simply never really